Yvonne Strahovski: Thinking Mans Crumpet
TMC: Thinking Mans Crumpet* – Because woman are worth more than just a look
In the first of our new feature Thinking Mans Crumpet*, we feature the lovely Yvonne Strahovski. Presently starring in the television show Chuck as Agent Sarah Walker, perhaps the only downside to the lady nicknamed “Strahotski” is that she hails from Australia. But that’s just being picky really.
Birth Name: Yvonne Strzechowski
Date of Birth: 30 July 1982, Maroubra, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Height: 5′ 9¼” (1.76 m)
- Sent in her audition tape for the show “Chuck” while in the US doing an audition for two other shows. She was contacted by the producers of the next day to come in to “run lines” with Zachary Levi aka Chuck Bartowski/Charles Carmichael. The chemistry was undeniable and she was called her back a week later letting her know she got the job. Six months later, she moved to the United States and was cast as the shows’ leading lady, Agent Sarah Walker two days later.
- Graduated from University of Western Sydney’s Theatre Nepean with a Bachelor of Arts in Performance.
- Likes Italian foods.
- Was a straight-A student in school.
- Had a nose ring for five years and says that the hole is still visible from close-up.
- Is of Polish descent.
- Attended Santa Sabina College during high school.
- Speaks fluent Polish.
- Yvonne’s parents immigrated to Australia from Warsaw, Poland. After her acting success, they moved to the USA to be near her. All of of Yvonne’s remaining relatives reside in Poland.
- Yvonne’s last name, Strahovski, is the phonetic spelling of how to pronounce her actual last name, Strzechowski.
So know you know why she’s called Strahotski!
* Thinking Mans Crumpet is a feature to highlight not only the physical beauty of women, but also the fact that they are creatures of significantly more depth than we may know – something worth think about on a cerebral level as well.