Why Women Have Sex
IOL’s BabyNet site ran an article yesterday discussing research detailed in a new book, (“Why Women Have Sex” , Cindy Meston & David Buss) that suggested that many women use sex for practical reasons, rather than for purely romantic or sexual motives.
From relieving boredom, to keeping the peace in a relationship or even curing a headache, the reasons for succumbing to the advances of the opposite sex are many and varied.
One woman even admitted to having sex just so her husband would put the rubbish out.
The researchers interviewed 1,000 women and compiled 200 specific reasons that the women gave for having sex. Some of the more enlightening:
- Sex as a spiritual thing: “It’s the closest thing to God.”
- Sex as cheap entertainment: “I have sex to relieve boredom.”
- As couples therapy: “It’s easier than fighting.”
- For medicinal reasons: “It’s a good cure for migraine and stress headaches.”
- Even as an expression of sympathy: “I slept with a couple of guys because I felt sorry for them.”
10% of the women also admit to having had “sex for presents”, and financial or material rewards being a major factor behind many of their sexual encounters.
The research also concluded that women are generally attracted to tall men with a deep voice, who smell good. having a symmetrical body shape also helps.
Those of us with perhaps lower levels of testosterone may still be able to win over the ladies though, because it suggests we are less likely to run off with another woman.
And of course, when all else fails, you could always offer to take out the garbage.
So guys, now you know.