Who’s Afraid of Van Coke Kartel?
Die poppe gaan dans! Die vonke gaan spat! Wie’s Bang? *
South African Afrikaans rockers Van Coke Kartel’s fourth album Wie’s Bang will be released by Supra Familias in November 2011. The band will introduce the new album with an extensive country-wide tour in November/December 2011.
Wie’s Bang follows in the wake of their three multi-award winning albums: Van Coke Kartel, Waaksaam & Wakker and Skop, Skiet en Donner. The last two albums both won SAMA Awards for ”Best Afrikaans Rock” album and the first album received a SAMA nomination in this category.
The album will be the first effort from the extended four-piece line-up. Founding Kartel members Francois Van Coke and Wynand Myburgh were joined by drummer Jason Oosthuizen and guitarist Jed Kossew in mid-2010. The new members add their unique musical flavour to complete the band’s best work to date. Award winning producer Theo Crous from Bellville Studios produced the album and calls it “the best sounding album to come out of his studio to date”.
Sunday 27 November 2011
Line-up: Van Coke Kartel, with Jack Parow, Die Heuwels Fantasties and JR
Venue: Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, Cape Town
Tickets available at: www.webtickets.co.za
Saturday 10 December 2011
Line-up: Van Coke Kartel, with aKING, Louwtjie Rothman and Chris Tait & DJ Sideshow
Venue: Buckley’s, Edward Street, Bellville
- 26 November – Ultra Fest, Voodoo Lounge, Linksfield Road, Johannesburg (with Die Heuwels Fantasties)
- 29 November – Firkin, Centurion (Free entry)
- 30 November – Barcode Night Club, 122 North Rand Road, Boksburg, Johannesburg (with Die Tuin Dwergies and One Day Remains)
- 1 December – FTV, Silverstar Casino, Featherbrook, Muldersdrift, Mogale City (Krugersdorp)
- 2 December – Arcade Empire, Pretoria (with Springbok Nude Girls)
- 3 December – Tanz Cafe, Four Ways, Johannesburg (with Springbok Nude Girls)
- 28 December – Zanzibar Plettenbergbay
- 30 December – Cafe Havana, Jefferies Bay (with Die Tuin Dwergies)
The band will also join others on the annual end of year Avontoer 2011:
- 21 December – Club Mykonos, Langebaan
- 23 December – Cheers Pub Struisbaai
- 27 December – Sandbaai Saal, Hermanus
- 29 December – Diaz, Mosselbaai
- 31 December – Stilbaai (11h00 – 12h00)
* The dolls are going to dance! The sparks are going to fly! Who is afraid? (My thanks to Lumé & Sasha for help with the translations.)