Swiss Hotel School bring FLAVOURS to the Table
Every year the graduating class of the Swiss Hotel School South Africa creates a concept restaurant that they run as a stand-alone business for a limited period of one month at their campus in Ferndale. This year is no different…
The Class of 2011 have put together Flavours: A Fresh Approach to South African Culinary Favourites.
Their marketing material suggests that the students’ preparation of the well-loved dishes on the Flavours menu will focus on using the best ingredients, keeping things light, and providing rich flavours throughout.
Flavours will be open from 13 September to 09 October with lunch service on offer Tuesday to Friday afternoons, and dinner available from Tuesday to Saturday evenings. The restaurant will also be open each Sunday for a brunch.
Some sample menu offerings:
Lunch (12h00 – 14h30, Tuesday to Friday)
- Market Table: A speedy and convenient meze-style approach consisting of a variety of meal options: Starter Portion @ R25, Main Course @ R40
- Main Course Meals: A daily choice of meat, poultry, fish & vegetarian options: Priced from R32 to R40
Dinner (18h00 – 22h00, Tuesday to Saturday)
- Springbok Carpaccio, served with parmesan shavings & rocket leaves: R18
- Portuguese-style Peri-Peri Squid Heads: R18
- Eastern Cape Ostrich Fillet, served with a cherry-chilli sauce: R90
- Slow-cooked SA Lamb Shank, spread with orange reduction & served on couscous: R75
- West Coast Mussels, in a white wine sauce on a bed of beetroot tagliatelle: R65
- Fairview Goats Cheese & Spinach Ravioli, in a tomato ragu: R50
- Apple, Pear & Grapetiser sorbet trio: R20
- Amarula Cheescake pops: R20
- Cardamon, Star Anise & Cinnamon brulee: R20
Sunday Brunch (11h00 – 14h00, Sunday)
- Smoothies, Breakfast Favourites, Daily Market Table, Roast of the Day, Dessert Table: R95 per person, children under 12 @ R50
The restaurant space is limited and as a result Table Reservations are essential. Make your bookings by telephone to 011-789-9934, by fax to 011-789-9937, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting the students online via their Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002899813154&sk=wall
Whichever way you do it, be sure to let them know that Greg & BlaBla sent you! And if you do happen to visit Flavours, please drop us a note here to tell us how it went.