Summer Prawn Salad
This dish is a perfect starter for a springtime luncheon, as easy on the eye as it is on the palate.
- Steamed prawns (enough for 4 people) seasoned with salt & pepper
- Green leaves: rocket, baby spinach, watercress and mizuna
- Fennel bulb, finely chopped, with the fronds
- Large avocado, blended, with lemon juice
- Two medium sized mandarins, blended with olive oil and a chopped fresh red chilli.
Place a layer of the leafy greens on a serving platter and top with chopped fennel.
Dot spoonfuls of the avocado puree over and scatter the prawns on top.
Drizzle with the mandarin dressing and garnish with fennel fronds.
Wine suggestion: Boschendal Blanc de Noir