Relive The Sixties with the Swiss Hotel School
Once again the talented 3rd Year Students from the Swiss Hotel School are getting ready to open their annual concept restaurant to the public. This year diners will be able to relive the era of the Swinging Sixties for lunch and dinner for a limited one month period – and space is already filling up quickly!
The retro-60s theme runs throughout SIXTIES – from decor, to branding, to the names of (the extremely well-priced) menu items. The restaurant will offer a full á la Carte menu for dinner from Tuesday through to Saturday, business lunches Tuesday through to Friday (in and out within 45 minutes) and traditional Sunday roast lunches.
Here’s a sample of dishes from the menu:
- The James Brown “I Feel Good” Soup of the Day @ R18.00
- The Marilyn Monroe Prawn Cocktail (Timbale of prawns, avocado & lettuce) @ R28.00
- The Diana Rigg Tartlet (Goats cheese & caramelised onions with mixed peppers) @ R23.00
- The Jimi Hendrix Herb Pasta (Homemade pasta with a creamy wild mushroom sauce) @ R39.00
- The Ray Charles “Sole” Blues (Sole cooked in lemon butter, served with mash, asparagus & caper berries) @ R78.00
- The James Dean “American Boys” Steak (Fillet or Rib-eye steak, served with onion rings, garlic fries and a choice of sauce) @ R75.00
The full Dinner Menu, as well as the special Kiddies Menu, the Lunch Menu and the Sunday Roast Menu are all available to view online at the SHS website.
The limited season runs from 14 September to 10 October at the SHS Randburg Campus: Turaco House, 33 Bond Street (cnr. Surrey), Ferndale, Randburg.