New Samsung Galaxy S II Gets Extreme Unboxing
In an effort to highlight the speed of their new Android driven smartphone, the Galaxy S II, Samsung have gone to extreme lengths in getting a couple of tech writers to do their unboxing of the new device in extreme situations.
First they got Gerald Lynch from Techdigest.tv to unbox the Samsung GALAXY SII whilst on a rollercoaster.
Not satisfied with that, they then strapped Chris Davies from Slashgear.com into a rally car and got him to do his unboxing from the navigators’ seat.
Announced just a few months ago at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, the Galaxy S II sports a host of top-end features:
- 4.3″ WVGA Super Amoled Plus display
- Dual Core Application Processor
- 8.49mm Slim Design
- Android Platform 2.3 OS
- 3D TouchWiz User Interface
- HSPA+ 21Mbps Wireless
- 8MP Camera with LED Flash
- Full 1080p HD Recording & Playback
- A host of onboard media and software apps
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- You’ll find a full Features List here
- Full Specifications are here, but these are the crucial ones:
- Network GSM 850/900/1800/1900 and HSPA+ 21 850/900/1900/2100
- OS Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Display 4.27” WVGA (480×800) Super AMOLED Plus
- Processor 1 GHz Dual Core Application Processor
- Camera Main (Rear): 8.0-Mega Pixel Camera AF with LED Flash / Front: 2.0-Mega Pixel Camera
- Audio 3.5mm Ear Jack & Speaker, Stereo FM Radio with RDS, Voice Recorder
- Connectivity Bluetooth® technology v 3.0 + HS, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 (a/b/g/n), WiFi Direct, NFC Connectivity (Optional)
- GPS A-GPS
- Sensors Accelerometer, Light, Digital Compass, Proximity, Gyroscope sensor,
- Memory 16/32GB + microSD (up to 32GB)
- Size 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.49mm, 116g
- Battery 1650mAh
The Samsung Blog SA has no confirmed date for the Galaxy S II’s release in South Africa, but local online tech store Expansys do list it as available for Pre-Orders at R7,690 with an expected release date of 02 May.
If that’s accurate, you may not have too long to wait to get your hands on one.