New Apple iPhone 4.0 Revealed
Scheduled to be available in the States from June 24, Jobs called the redesigned phone “the biggest leap” Apple has taken with the phone since the first iPhone was launched in 2007.
The iPhone 4 is entirely redesigned, with a thinner body, more antennas for improved reception on both Wi-Fi and 3G wireless networks, a second video camera on the front that will permit video calling and an extra slot for a second noise-cancelling microphone.
“This is one of the most beautiful devices we’ve ever made,” Jobs proclaimed.
Other highlights of the new phone:
- a sharper display which has four times more pixels than the current iPhone.
- powered by the same A4 chip that Apple uses for the iPad which should make it faster and provide improved battery life.
- an upgraded camera with more pixels, for a sharper image, and 720p high-definition video recording.
- the inclusion of iMovie video software to the iPhone, for video editing on the fly — at a cost of $4.99.
- a video-calling feature, called “FaceTime”, available only between owners of the new model.
- a new operating system — dubbed iOS4 — which will be out June 21st.
I so want one!