Motown Grill : Where Soul & Flavor Meat
Join us on a journey back to a time of smooth music, comfort food and friendly service. Choose from some classic American diner food and enduring family favourites in a place where soul and flavour meat!
It’s Swiss Hotel School pop-up restaurant time again, and this year we’re heading to Motor City, USA (at least in culinary spirit that is.)
Regular Blablanians will know that we are big fans of The Swiss Hotel School and its’ students, and that we’ve been supporting their annual concept restaurant project for a number of years now. This year is no different.
Every year the graduating class of SHS 3rd Year students is given the opportunity to develop a concept restaurant and run it commercially for a month. The 2013 class have decided to pay homage to the sounds and flavours of the classic Motown era with their Motown Grill.
A quick sampling of some of the dishes on the menu…
- Jalapeno Poppers @ R22: Crumbed jalapenos stuffed with creamed cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon bits, and served with a dip
- Nachos @ R42: Corn tortilla chips topped with cheddar and mozzarella cheese, and smothered with sour cream, salsa fresca and guacamole
- Steak Selection @ R75 – R100: Rump, fillet, rib-eye and T-bone steaks from prime grass-fed beef, matured for 28 days to maximise flavour
- Southern Fried Chicken @ R55: Crispy golden chicken served with slaw and corn bread
- King Tiger Prawns @ R120: King Tiger prawns pan-fried in lemon garlic butter
- Speciality Pie of the Day @ R28: Indulge yourself with a slice of our daily baked American-style pie, served with whipped- or ice-cream
- Rocky Road Sundae @ R27: A vanilla ice-cream sundae choc full of nuts, marshmallows, cherries and decadent chocolate
Sunday Brunch Buffet
- Join us for a fun-filled relaxed American-style family buffet brunch. Hit it off at the pancake corner, take a slow stroll to the Bloody Mary bar, dance on over to the salad stand, make a pit stop at the BBQ meats, and stagger over to sample the homemade pies (@ R125, half price/half portions for under 12s)
Motown Grill will operate from 10 September to 06 October at The Swiss Hotel School Campus, 33 Bond Street (cnr. Surrey Avenue) in Ferndale.
- Lunch: Tuesday to Friday 11:00 – 15:00
- Dinner: Tuesday to Saturday 17:00 – 22:00
- Sunday Brunch: 11:00 – 15:00
Get more information and make reservations now via telephone (011 789 9934/5/6), fax (011 789 9937), or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Oh, and don’t forget to tell them I sent ya!