It’s SA Blog Awards Time Again
What?! I hear you cry. So soon? Indeed friends of the Bla.
The 2011 edition of the South African Blog Awards is upon us. And The BlaBla Blog is once again pitting itself against the rest of the South African blogosphere in an effort to secure a little chunk of fresh bragging rights and a new badge for our sidebar.
But, before you head off and select your favourite favourite, there’s a couple of things you need to know about this years SABAs. Things have changed.
The 2011 SA Blog Awards Committee took in a bunch of feedback following last years’ awards. And there are a number of significant changes to the way the Awards will be run this year.
This year the SA blog awards is slightly more simple, with three phases:
(1) The Blogger registration phase – which we’ve done.
(2) The Public Vote phase – which is where we are now, and which closes on Wednesday, 09 November – so vote now!
(3) And then a Judging phase – which happens from Thursday, 10 November.
The other big change is that the Award Categories have also been simplified down to just ten categories. These are:
- Best Business / Politics Blog
- Best Entertainment / Lifestyle Blog
- Best Environmental Blog
- Best Food & Wine Blog
- Best Music Blog
- Best Photographic Blog
- Best Science and Technology Blog
- Best Sport Blog
- Best Travel Blog
- Best Fashion Blog
Blog owners had to register their sites in order to become eligible for the Awards this year, and could register in a maximum of only two categories.
- Firstly that the blog owner or editor must be based in South Africa – no more foreign based entries even if they do deal with South Africa;
- Secondly that Public Votes are limited to just one per person per category, and all public votes must be confirmed by email response in order to be eligible; and
- Finally that only the 3 sites with the most public votes in each category will be put forward to the judging panel.
All of these changes are aimed at simplifying the process and making the entire Awards system a little fairer and more transparent.
Sadly, the 2011 SABA Committee did not create a category for blogs that cover “The World We Live In & Life In General” (which we would have won hands down!), so we have entered The BlaBla Blog into just one category this year: Best Entertainment/Lifestyle Blog.
All of us here would be most appreciative of your vote (and those of your friends, family, followers, fans, and pets too!) We need as many votes as possible to get into the Top 3 in what is sure to be a very competitive category.
Simply click on any one of the links throughout this post or the “Vote For Me” badges, complete the form and confirm your vote from the email you’ll receive. In exchange we will love you long time!
Remember though that you can only vote for one blog per category. So if, after voting for us, you vote for a different blog in the same category your initial vote for us is automatically cancelled. Should you change your vote, we withdraw our offer of long time loving.
Share the love by sharing this simple link as far and wide as you can: http://bit.ly/rFoazq