Honda Crossrunner Specs Finally Available
This is a nice surprise from HONDA, unveild at the EICMA 2010 show in Milan, the CONCEPT finally becomes REALITY.
The 800cc crossover bike that is actually built on a road bike frame adopting the upright seating style from adventure bikes has been semi secret up to now.
Described as a combination of “the flexibility and exciting attitude of a Naked performance machine with the upright riding position and rugged appearance of an adventure bike.” HONDA insist it is a ROAD GOING ONLY machine.
The Crossrunner is powered by a 782cc 90 degree V4 VTEC engine similar to that found on the VFR800, claiming 100hp at 10000rpm and 54 ft-lb. at 9500rpm. Fueling the engine is a 5.7 gallon tank for longer rides before needing to refuel. Honda says the Crossrunner has a curb weight of about 530 pounds.
Optional Extras on the bike are as follows.
- A 29-liter pannier kit. Operated with the motorcycle key, the panniers are aerodynamically shaped and easily detachable. The left pannier can hold most full-face helmets.
- A sleek 31-liter top box featuring a locking, quick-detach mounting system. Operated with the motorcycle key, the top box can hold a full-face helmet with room for other luggage.
- Tough and stylish polyester and vinyl inner bags for the top box and panniers. These are black with a Honda Wing logo, and come with carrying straps and handles.
- A higher windscreen that offers extended wind protection for taller motorcycle riders.
- A set of two fairing deflectors, offering increased wind protection.
- A pair of slim heated grips with an integrated controller for maximum comfort and compact design integration.
- A centerstand that makes rear wheel maintenance easier and provides more secure parking on uneven surfaces.
- A 12V DC socket for powering additional electrical equipment.
- An outdoor motorcycle cover that protects the paintwork from UV rays. The fabric is water-resistant and breathable, allowing the bike to dry while parked. A rope is included to tighten the cover and prevent fluttering in the wind. There are two holes in the front to allow use of a U-lock.
- A U-lock and an Averto motorcycle alarm kit. The alarm has a 118 dB siren, a shock detector with 8 sensitivity settings and features a sleep mode to help prevent the battery from draining.
The 2011 Honda Crossrunner 800 motorcycle will make its European debut in three striking color versions. In the two-tone combination’s, they emphasize the unique shapes and layers of the bodywork: Graphite Black / Matt Moonstone Silver Metallic; Pearl Fadeless White / Matt Bullet Silver Metallic; Candy Blazing Red / Matt Moonstone Silver Metallic
I have read that a more rugged model will make it’s way into the market, more an off roader than the first model, but I can not find any more info than that. Also no talk of when they will make it to sunny South Africa…..There are some images available of this model on sand roads, so I am going to assume it could handle a “little” off roading, but don not try the LONG WAY ROUND on it just yet…
- Type Liquid-cooled 4-stroke 16-valve DOHC 90° V-4
- Displacement 782cc
- Bore × Stroke 72 × 48mm
- Compression Ratio 11.6: 1
- Max. Power Output 74.9kW/10,000rpm (95/1/EC)
- Max. Torque 72.8Nm/9,500rpm (95/1/EC)
- Idling Speed 1200rpm
- Oil Capacity 3.8 liters
- Fuel delivery PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Throttle Bore 36mm
- Air cleaner Oil-permeated, cartridge-type paper filter
- Fuel Tank Capacity 21.5 liters
- Ignition System Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Ignition Timing 8° BTDC (idle) ~ 50° BTDC (1200rpm)
- Sparkplug Type IMR9D-9H (NGK); VNH27Z (DENSO)
- Starter Electric
- Battery Capacity 12V/11AH (YTZ-12S)
- ACG Output 386W
- Headlights 12V; 55W × 1 (low) / 55W × 1 (high)
- Clutch Wet, multiplate with coil springs
- Clutch Operation Hydraulic
- Transmission Type Constant mesh 6-speed
- Primary Reduction 1.934 (64/33)
- Gear Ratios 1 2.846 (37/13)
- 2 2.062 (33/16)
- 3 1.578 (30/19)
- 4 1.291 (31/24)
- 5 1.111 (30/27)
- 6 0.965 (28/29)
- Final Reduction 2.687 (43/16)
- Final Drive O-ring sealed chain
- Type Diamond; aluminum twin-spar; pivotless
- Dimensions (L×W×H) 2,130 × 799 × 1,243mm
- Wheelbase 1,464mm
- Caster Angle 25° 45′
- Trail 96mm
- Turning Radius 2.8m
- Seat Height 816mm
- Ground Clearance 140mm
- Curb Weight 240.4kg (F: 115.2kg; R: 125.2kg)
- Type Front 43mm cartridge-type telescopic fork with stepless preload adjustment, 165mm axle travel
- Rear Pro-Link with gas-charged HMAS damper, 7-step preload and stepless rebound damping adjustment, 145mm axle travel
- Type Front 6-spoke cast aluminum
- Rear 5-spoke cast aluminum
- Rim Size Front 17M/C × MT3.50
- Rear 17M/C × MT5.50
- Tire Size Front 120/70 R17
- Rear 180/55 R17
- Tire Pressure Front 225kPa
- Rear 250kPa
- Type Front 296mm dual floating hydraulic disc with 3-piston calipers, C-ABS and sintered metal pads
- Rear 256mm hydraulic disc with 2-piston caliper, C-ABS and sintered metal pads