Happy 1st Birthday BlaBla!
Yip, today is the official 1st Birthday of The BlaBla Blog!
Whilst I’ve used the blabla.co.za domain on and off for a number of years, it was only a year ago today that The BlaBla Blog in it’s present form took shape and began to operate as it is now. Hopefully it will continue in this vein for a long time still, and will become the leading independent infotainment blog in the country.
I’ll put together a more thorough post covering the highs and lows of Planet BlaBla over the last year a little later today. But in the meantime, let me just extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has contributed to our success over the last year. Without you, and our wonderful readers and commentators, we wouldn’t be here today – so all gratitude to you.
I’d especially like to acknowledge these individuals, some of whom don’t even realise how beneficial their support has been:
- Voted!, (@bornfreesa) for his ongoing contributions, support throughout the year, and for his ever faithful dedication to the BlaBla cause.
- The Only Cin, (@theonlycin) for her wonderful writing and the always inspiring and thought-provoking contributions she’s made here over the year.
- Both JoBra and Stefanus Nel, for their irregular posts of news and insights from a perspective so different from my own.
- White Sock Girl (aka Fabulous Bitch), for being there from the very beginning as a reader and supporter. And for persisting with tagging us with random Blog Awards, even though we don’t do anything with them!
Also worthy of mention in thanks:
- Robert Bravery (@robertbravery), Nick Duncan (@Nicholas_Duncan) and Chris M. (@ChristopherM) all of whom have shared their insights, experience and knowledge of blogging so freely and so readily – it’s guys like these that make doing this such a richly rewarding experience for us.
- And of course, our small but loyal group of regular comment-makers – we would be lonely without you!
So there it is – if I’ve forgotten anyone significant, my apologies.
Happy Blogiversary BlaBla!