Grand Theft Auto 5 Official Trailer
With a Total Grand Theft Auto series sales figure exceeding 124 million units, the Grand Theft Auto game series is not to be trifled with. So when a new game in the series is announced, it’s big news in the global gaming community.
And so it has been with Grand Theft Auto V. Developer Rockstar Games made the official announcement that GTA5 was on its way last week, and promised punters then that a development trailer would be available on 02 November. True to their word, Rockstar released the Grand Theft Auto V: Official First Trailer to the world yesterday.
And here it is:
Whilst the video doesn’t provide vast amounts of information on gameplay, plot or storyline, there are enough hints in it to keep us (and GTA fans around the world) interested as we wait now for an indication of GTA5’s release date.
On that subject, I’ve picked up on two suggested but unconfirmed release dates already (one for mid-2012, the other for November 2012). I’m pretty sure they won’t be the last rumour-driven “definite” release dates to be floated around before we hear from Rockstar officially.
Some of the hints picked up from the trailer:
- The game seems to be located in Los Santos, the fictionalize version of Los Angeles first seen in GTA: San Andreas.
- The area around Los Santos (if that is where the game is set) looks like modern-day California – spot the “Vinewood” sign.
- It’s possible that there players may be able to play a game of golf!
- A lot of action takes place on water – maybe that jet-skis and powerboats become controllable vehicles.
- Aircraft appear to play a role in the game – from a crop sprayer to a executive jet – and again these may be playable vehicles.
- The lead character seems to come to town with a fair bit of wealth and sets up a property/construction-type business.
- On the basis of the above point, property management functions and features may be included in GTA5.
- The vineyard scene hints at possible illegal immigrant workers as one of the crime related angles in the game.
Feel free to add anything else you spot (or rumours you hear) in the comments below…
Edit: Just picked off the Rockstar Games Newswire:
We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.
Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.
A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.
Download Grand Theft Auto V logo desktops, backgrounds, avatars and icons at the Rockstar Games Downloads section. [Grand Theft Auto V Trailer]