FIFA Soccer World Cup 2010 Final Phase Ticketing Sales Venues Confirmed
As Voted! reported last week, the final phase of ticket sales for the FIFA 2010 Soccer World Cup, due to kick-off here in South Africa on 11 June, starts on Thursday 15 April.
This is the phase that we’ve all been waiting for – Direct Across the Counter Ticket Sales. (Although they are calling it the “Last Minute Ticket Sales Phase” officially.)
The four methods that can be used to secure your tickets:
1 – Direct at First National Bank (FNB) branches (From 15 April @ 09h00 – branch close, 5 days a week, order & pay at the branch, still need to collect physical ticket from Ticketing Centre or participating Shoprite/Checkers store)
2 – From one of the 11 official FIFA Ticketing Centres: (From 15 April @ 09h00 – 18h00, 7 days a week, order & pay at centre, collect tickets immediately)
- Johannesburg @ Laico Isle – Sandton, cnr. Rivonia Road & Linden Street, Sandton
- Soweto @ Maponya Mall, Old Potchefstroom Road, Soweto
- Pretoria @ Brooklyn Mall, cnr. Lange & Fehrsen Streets, New Meukelneuk
- Durban @ Suncoast Casino & Entertainment World, Suncoast Boulevard, Durban
- Umhlanga @ Gateway Theatre of Shopping, 1 Palm Boulevard, Umhlanga Ridge
- Bloemfontein @ Lochlogan Waterfront Mall, cnr. Charles Street & 1st Avenue, Mangaung
- Nelspruit @ The Grove Shopping Centre, White River Road, Nelspruit
- Cape Town @ The Spearhead, 42 Hans Strijdom Avenue, Foreshore, Cape Town
- Polokwane @ Lifestyle Shopping Centre, cnr. Landros Mare & Market Streets, Polokwane
- Port Elizabeth @ Moffett on Main Centre, cnr. Main & William Moffett Roads, Walmer
- Rustenburg @ Waterfall Mall, 1 Augrabies Avenue, Rustenburg
3 – At one of the following Shoprite/Checkers Stores: (From 19 April only @ 09h00 – branch close, 7 days a week, order & pay at store, collect tickets immediately)
- Checkers Hyper – Sandton
- Checkers Hyper – Westgate
- Checkers Hyper – Eastgate
- Checkers Hyper – Menlyn
- Checkers Hyper – Westville
- Checkers – Hillcrest
- Shoprite – Chatsworth
- Checkers – Century City
- Checkers – Plumstead
- Checkers – Langehovenpark
- Shoprite – Heidedal
- Shoprite – Redhouse
- Shoprite – Newtown Park
- Shoprite – Mogwase
- Shoprite – Britz
- Shoprite – Tzaneen
- Shoprite – Nelspruit
- Shoprite – White River
You can search for addresses for the Checkers and Checkers Hyper stores using the Store Locator here.
You can search for addresses for the Shoprite stores using the Store Locator here.
4 – Via telephone to the SWC Ticketing Centre (From 18h00 on 15 April, @ 08h00 – 22h00, 7 days a week, order & pay with credit card telephonically, still need to collect physical ticket from Ticketing Centre or participating Shoprite/Checkers store)
Call 083 123 2010, choose option 4 from the menu. Once through to a call centre operator you will be guided through the process of requesting and purchasing tickets step by step. Payment will need to be taken and confirmed prior to the tickets being collected at one of the Ticketing Centres. The payment card used to pay for the tickets will be required in order to collect the tickets.
FNB’s Shine2010 website has a downloadable Last Minute Ticket Sales Guide here. This Guide contains useful information on all the different methods to purchase your tickets, as well as doubling as the order form if you’re purchasing in FNB branches, and the prices of all the tickets together with a match schedule so that you can plan your movements.
Note that tickets in this Final Ticket Sales phase are available to all members of the general public even if you have previously been awarded tickets via another sales channel (e.g. Hard Ticket Application Form or online).