Arniston Bay’s Recipe of the Month
We have picked Cindy Taylor as our Food Blogger of the Month thanks to her delicious Spaghetti Carbonara recipe.
Cindy is the Editor of the hugely entertaining food blog , The Only Cin, and her writing and recipes deserve this prize.
Here is her easy and mouth watering Spaghetti Carbonara recipe:
1 packet spaghetti
6 baby marrows, cut into thin strips
1 dash olive oil, for frying
1 packet back bacon, cut into strips
2 cloves of garlic, or 3, finely chopped
4 large free range eggs, beaten
125 ml pecorino cheese, finely grated
1 pinch salt and milled pepper
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Add baby marrows 2 – 3 minutes before the end of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a glug of oil in a large pan and fry bacon until crispy.
- Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Drain excess fat from pan and fry garlic for a minute.
- Add pasta, baby marrows and bacon to pan and toss well.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Quickly stir through the eggs, mixing until they begin to thicken, but not scramble.
- Add cheese, season and serve.
** Pecorino is a hard rind cheese similar to parmesan, originally made from sheep’s milk.
The Arniston Bay Chardonnay will be the perfect pairing with this pasta dish.
[The ‘we’ that leads this post off is a reference to Arniston Bay Wines. This recipe was created for a local competition and first appeared on The Only Cins’ blog here. Worth visiting just to read about the origins of the dish! ~ed~]